Sylvia Goldschmidt, senior member of Goldschmidt & Genovese LLP, has devoted her career to helping people navigate through extremely sensitive and emotional situations, including disputes over custody, support and property division. As a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Past-President of the New York Chapter of the Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and President of the US Chapter of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, she has encouraged the study and improvement of the practice of matrimonial law.
Ms. Goldschmidt serves on the Executive Committee of the Family Law Section of the NYSBA, is past Co-Chair of the Matrimonial Committee of the Westchester Women's Bar Association and has written articles and lectured for Pace Law School, NYSBA, and various bar associations. She has an LLM in Taxation from NYU School of Law.
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Past-President, New York Chapter
- US Chapter, International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, President-Elect
- Family Law Section of the NYSBA, Executive Committee
- Westchester Women's Bar Association, Past Co-Chair, Matrimonial Committee