Top 30 Matrimonial and Family Law
Armstrong Divorce and Family Law, PLLC
5850 Granite Parkway, Ste. 940
Plano, TX 75024
Managing Partner, Armstrong Divorce & Family Law
5850 Granite Parkway, Suite 940
Plano, TX 75024
3626 N. Hall Street, Suite 726
Dallas, TX 75219
Rebecca is a fighter. She fights for her clients, her clients’ children, her clients’ financial well-being, and her clients’ futures. And she fights to win. Her prowess in the courtroom is well known throughout the legal community. She’s prepared, astute, quick-witted, and good on her feet. Even attorneys on the other side of the table appreciate working with her; yes, she’s an ardent advocate for the people she represents, but she’s also fair, good-natured, and knows the law. And, in cases where a trial isn’t the best way forward, her skill at negotiating favorable terms for her clients is equally acclaimed and respected.
“I approach every divorce with an eye on what each step in the process means to my client’s future life,” she says. “My job is to see around the corners and avoid the pitfalls that may lie ahead. I know that a divorce can be a client’s first step toward creating a better future for themselves and their loved ones. And I do everything I can to help make that better future a reality. During my years in larger firms, I saw too many clients treated as cases rather than as people. That doesn’t happen here. Our clients receive the personal attention they deserve. And it’s remarkable how much that contributes to achieving the best results for the people we serve.”
Rebecca received her Juris Doctorate from Southern Methodist University’s Dedman School of Law and her Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications from Texas A&M University, College Station. She is Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. In addition to being admitted to practice in all Texas state courts, Rebecca is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court.
Through her support of the City House Homeless Children’s Shelter in Collin County, along with other charitable, civic, and industry organizations, Rebecca is also committed to helping improve the lives of people throughout North Texas.
Rebecca contributes to various publications and speaks on topics ranging from divorce and family law to relationships and women in business. If you would like to have Rebecca speak to your group or at your event, please contact us.
Honors and Recognitions
• Texas Super Lawyers
Top 100 “Up and Coming” Attorneys, 2017-2020
Top 50 “Up and Coming” Female Attorneys, 2017-2020
“Rising Stars,” 2014-2020
• Best Lawyers in America
Recognized as a Best Lawyer in the following areas since 2017:
Family Law Mediation
Family Collaborative Law
• D Magazine
• “Best Lawyers,” 2020
“Best Lawyers Under 40,” 2018, 2020
“Client Champion – Platinum,” 2019
• Collin County Young Lawyer’s Association
Lawyer of the Year, 2015
• The National Advocates
Top 100 Lawyers, 2018-2020
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
• Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
• Admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court
• Collin County Women Lawyers Association, Treasurer (2019-present)
• Dallas Women Lawyers Association, Member
• Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
• Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, Member
• Be Iconic Style, Contributor
• W Source, Member
• Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section, (Board of Directors, 2010-13)
• Dallas Bar Association, Member
• Collin County Bar Association, Member
• Collin County Young Lawyer’s Association (President, 2015; Board of Directors, 2009-13)
• State Bar of Texas (Family Law Section), Member
• American Bar Association (Family Law Section), Member
• College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
• Annette Stewart Inn of Court, Member
• Curt B. Henderson Inn of Court, Member
• What’s Your Status? Common Law Marriage in Modern Days, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (June 2010).
• Conservatorship Basics, Marriage Dissolution Seminar, (2011), co-author.
• How to Effectively Prepare Your Case for Mediation, Advanced Family Law Course, (2014), co-author.