Kerry R. Peck is the managing partner of the Chicago law firm Peck Ritchey, LLC. His clients include families, hospitals, banks, the State of Illinois, County of Cook, and City of Chicago. For nine consecutive years, he has been selected by his peers in statewide surveys of Illinois attorneys as a “Super Lawyer,” an attorney to whom other attorneys would refer their family, and he was named a member of the Leading Lawyers Network. Mr. Peck is the recipient of the 2014 Justice John Paul Stevens Award, the Chicago Bar Association’s highest honor. He was also selected by IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law as one of their 125 Alumni of Distinction.
Mr. Peck was named chair of the State’s Attorney’s Elder Abuse Task Force and was retained by the City of Chicago Department of Aging to rewrite the State of Illinois Elder Abuse and Neglect Act. Mr. Peck is the co-author of Alzheimer’s and the Law, published by the American Bar Association. Mr. Peck has written articles for the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, Chicago Bar Association Record, Illinois State Bar Journal, and various other journals and newspapers. He teaches attorneys and healthcare professionals across the country, and is an adjunct professor at John Marshall Law School’s Elder Law Studies program where he teaches a guardianship course.
· Advises individuals and banks charged with the administration of estates and trusts. Guides fiduciaries through the probate process, appearing in court as required, assisting them in the transfer of assets, and resolution of claims, as well as the implementation of the decedent's estate plan.
· Vigorously represents all parties in will contests and contested guardianships including minors and disabled adults. Assists families to plan for disabled children or other family members who are, or are likely to become, disabled and require special protection.
Judicial Appointments:Kerry Peck has been appointed Guardian Ad Litem in the Circuit Court by the Probate Division, Chancery Division and County Division, involving complex cases including health care, tax issues, real estate and medical issues. Mr. Peck has been appointed Special Administrator, Successor Administrator and/or Successor Trustee in contested trust and estate cases all by Court order.
Professional Associations:Chicago Bar Association:
· President (1999-2000)
· CBA Record Editorial Board
Alzheimer’s Association, Greater Illinois Chapter
· Board of Directors
American Bar Association:
· Senior Lawyers Division o Task Force on Diminished Capacity Issues – Co-Chair
· Commission on Law and Aging
Illinois State Bar Association:
· Elder Law Section Council - Chair
International Network of Boutique Law Firms
· Board of Directors
National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
· Political Action Committee – Chair
Union League Boys & Girls Clubs
- Board of Trustees
Speaking Engagements (Representative)· American Society on Aging
· Chicago Bar Association
· International Pyschogeriatric Association
· Illinois Governor’s Conference on Aging
· Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education
· Illinois State Bar Association
· National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
· Witness testimony for Illinois General Assembly House & Senate Committees & Chicago City Council Committees
· Women’s Bar Association
Media Appearances (Representative)· ABC-TV News
· CBS-WBBM TV and radio
· CLTV News, “Front & Center”
· WTTW, “Chicago Tonight”, Public Television
· WYCC, “Inside Justice”, Public Television