Top 10 Wills, Trusts, Estates and Probate Law
J. S. Burton, PLC
477 Viking Dr Ste 410
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
John S. Burton, Esq, has been practicing in the areas of estate planning, asset protection, business and elder law for almost two decades. Founder of J.S. Burton, P.L.C., John was inspired to shape his law practice as a boutique, family office environment in which he could represent individuals, families and businesses on a multigenerational level. John applies a holistic strategy that employs a variety of legal strategies in the areas of complex and specialized tax planning, asset protection, estate planning, trust administration and business law. John specifically tailors a unique and personalized plan for each client. John is an active member of the communities he serves and has been appointed on a number of regional non-profit boards as well as for profit committees.
- Graduate of Virginia Wesleyan College in Behavioral Psychology;
- Received his Juris Doctor from Regent University School of Law, where he focused his studies on estate planning, taxation and business transactions;
- Recognized as a Certified Estate Planner (C.E.P.) with the National Institute of Certified Estate Planners;
- A Trust and Estate Practitioner (T.E.P.) with the International Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP);
- Speaker for the National Business Institute (NBI) on the topics of Estate Planning, Asset Protection and Veteran's Benefit Planning;
- An instructor for the Osher Institute at the school of William and Mary in the areas of estate planning, asset protection and elder law;
- Previously awarded the Martindale Client Distinction Award for overall client excellence;
- Past and Present featured attorney as the "Best of" within the Hampton Roads & Williamsburg Scout Guides;
- Named to the Top 100 by National Advocate in 2020.
Federal and State Bar Admissions:
- Admitted to practice in all courts within the Commonwealth of Virginia;
- Eastern Virginia United States District Court;
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit;
- The United States Tax Court;
- An accredited attorney representative with the US Veterans Administration.
- Member of the Financial Planning Association
- Virginia Wesleyan Corporate Leader's Council
- A current member and past board officer, of the Hampton Roads Estate Planning Council;