Top 30 Matrimonial and Family Law
Carrie A. Warner, Attorney at Law
P.O. Box 6306
Columbia, SC 29260
CARRIE WARNER HAS BUILT A DISTINGUISHED CAREER SEEKING JUSTICE AND EQUALITY FOR ALL TYPES OF FAMILIES AND INDIVIDUALS.
A proven trial lawyer with an aggressive, yet practical approach, Ms. Warner is known for her ability to successfully litigate complex cases. She was part of the legal team that made history in 2014 when their clients prevailed on their challenge to South Carolina's ban on same-sex marriage, with the ultimate decision made by the U.S. District Court.
A committed advocate for her clients' best interest, Ms. Warner brings considerable experience in the family, probate, civil and appellate court systems.
Her practice specializes in, but is not limited to, family-related litigation matters, including:- contested divorce,
- child custody and visitation,
- child support,
- same-sex couples issues,
- asset division,
- prenuptial agreements,
- guardianships and conservatorships,
- wills, powers of attorney,
- modifications, appeals and enforcement of final orders, and
- estate litigation
- wiretap, elder abuse, undue influence, conversion, professional malpractice
Ms. Warner graduated magna cum laude from the University of South Carolina with a Bachelor of Science in criminal justice and went on to earn her Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2004. A member of Phi Beta Kappa, Ms. Warner was a college athlete at U.S.C. and the University of Alabama, earning all-conference honors in women's soccer.
She is licensed to practice in South Carolina and the District of Columbia as well as the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit and the United States Supreme Court. She is a member of the American Bar Association (Family Law Section), the Richland County Bar Association and the Lexington County Bar Association.
Ms. Warner is a former partner with Warner, Payne & Black, LLP in Columbia, S.C., a firm founded by her father, the late Jan L. Warner, perhaps best known as a champion of elder citizens and their rights. In addition to the array of Mr. Warner's legal accomplishments, he was also a nationally syndicated newspaper columnist, author and educator.
Ms. Warner is regularly featured in statewide publications, at conferences and in the news media. She also serves as a volunteer for the American Bar Association's pro bono legal services program for U.S. Military service members. She lives with her family in Columbia, S.C.
Ms. Warner's Representative Cases- Jennings v. Jennings, 401 S.C. 1 (2012)
- Lewis v. Lewis, 400 S.C. 354 (Ct. App. 2012)
- Simpson v. Simpson, 404 S.C. 563 (Ct. App. 2013)
- Bradacs v. Haley (S.C. Dist. Ct. 2014)
Ms. Warner's Speaking Events and Publications- "Understanding Your Client ? A Lawyer's Guide to Preventing the Financial Exploitation of an Elderly Client," South Carolina Lawyer, March 2014
- "Modern Family ? Representing Gay, Lesbian and Transgender Clients In Your Practice," South Carolina Bar, March 2014
- Legal Forum, Radio
- "The Discipline Financial Show with Kevin Skipper," Radio
- "OnPoint! with Cynthia Hardy," Radio and TV
- "Love's Last Gift: Sharing Your End of Life Wishes and Hospice Care," Tri-County, May 2014
- "Hot Tips by the Coolest Family Law Practitioners," South Carolina Bar, September 2014